Sunday, January 8, 2012

Off With A Bang!!

When I started preparing for this trip, I had no idea what was going to happen. Literally. But I knew something positive was happening in my life and I couldn't be afraid to tap into it. Over the past few weeks as the time approached for me to hit the road, the discussions about my travels took on a similar theme. Time and time again I was told that many people think about doing something bold, but never take the chance. Others cited family or work obligations. My friend Yaco said it best by saying "while others think, you do". It took me a long time to get that point, and honestly the various circumstances of life have been pushing into this direction for sometime now. I got to a point where I had to take a very intense introspective look at who I am, where I was in my stage of growth as a person, what was my value, and more importantly, what could I contribute to this life. With that I decided to take a chance. A chance on myself to do everything I was capable of doing to live my life to the fullest.

So I started making phone calls and sending emails. I wrote down the the info of yoga studios from VA to Florida, armed with my training, my experience and my love for yoga. That combined with the powerful energy from my students and colleagues in Richmond compelled some to take a chance on a yogi that hadn't written any books, or made any dvd's. Trust me, I received more "no's" than "yes's". But then, many things happened that could be viewed as simple coincidence or serendipity, such as my chance encounter with Becky McDaniel, owner of In Balance Yoga Studio in Blacksburg, Va. We were tagged in a note together on FaceBook. To me that was a  sign and I rode that Universal wave all the way down to southwest, VA. There I was met with many skilled and well-polished yogis, classes were well attended, and everyone left happy and empowered. And I got an invitation to return someday soon.  I would say, it was a success. And honestly, I knew it would be. I've been placed here like we all have, for a purpose. My Dharma is to help people realize that everything we need is already within our grasp. We only need to take hold. In two days I'll be off to Charlotte, NC, riding my Mat headfirst into the fullness of life. Thank you for riding with me.

Love and Respect,

J Miles

1 comment: